First of all I wanted to make a comment on that it is 9/11 today. Many people are still mourning, some have moved on, but those who have passed on will always be in their hearts. I couldn't imagine knowing somebody who was killed that day. I mean it touched everyone who didn't even know the people, I couldn't imagine having it be my husband, daughter, son, mother, father, sister, whatever....my heart goes out to those who have had to deal with the death of a family member or friend. I also wanted to send out a thanks to all of those who serve our country..including my husband:) I want to thank the military, police departments, firefighters, hospital workers, all of those who helped on that day to try their best to save lives, and comfort others. When I saw the 9/11 heading on the news this morning, my heart just dropped, and I took a sigh, and the flashback of watching it on tv in Mr. Herman's classroom that year came into my mind. I didn't like the feeling...and now there are MANY people still fighting for what happened that day. I appreciate all of you out there who support the military, and the men who put THEIR lives on hold, THEIR families on hold, THEIR hobbies on hold, and put THEIR LIVES on the line...FOR ME and YOU. John 15:13...."Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends". That is the verse I think of when I hear people making bad comments about the military, or how we shouldn't be here or there in another country...well STOP BEING SO SELFISH PEOPLE and wake up! There are other people out there putting THEIR LIFE on the line FOR YOU! So if you are sitting there complaining, shut your mouth, open your mind and heart and realize that there is somebody else out there who is sacrificing thier life and all they have for you. That is no time to be selfish. The Lord showed us all his love by sacrificing his own life for us....so that we could be saved. BJ is a part of something great, that I do believe in....I believe in what they are trying to do......and I have heard BJ say before that if it came down to it, he would sacrifice his life for another man's. That is the furthest thing from selfish that I know. That is what some of those firefighters and policeman also believed as they tried to help save others.....they sacrificed their life for another. Alright...I'm done...I just wanted to let ya'll know that I appreciate the men and women in our country that put their lives on the line for others, and that those who lost their lives on 9/11 will not be forgotten.
Now on a lighter note:
One down, two to go! BJ just got done taking his first test yesturday, and feels fairly confident that he did well. No actual scores on that one yet...but teachers have reassured him that he would do well. Next week Tuesday and Wednesday are his other tests...so keep him in your prayers for both of those days. And then on the 18th is when we will know final results. Lord willing he will pass it all...we're praying for that atleast. I know he will do good..he's done his best the whole year. Done all his homework, studied hard for all the tests, and kept a good level on his GPA. I have faith that God will help him get through next week, so we can move on to the next stage in our life:)
In the mean time, I've been home keeping things clean, getting everything organized for the move, picking up records, running here and there, just making sure that everything is somewhat squared away for our move day. It's kind of hard because we have to act like we will be moving, but if something were to happen, and he weren't to pass a section, well then....we won't move. But I'm really praying to move ahhahah:) I think we both are. Monterey has been good to us. Yes, it is very beautiful out here, and there are things to do....the scenery is all free which is GREAT..however after you've seen that, then you better have money bags to go do other things, because Monterey is expensive. We're just excited to get back to seasons...the kind of weather we are used to. Anyhoo though....just wanted to give a quick update on how this week is going. So by next week Thursday we should know for sure what's what! Stay tuned in, and we'll let ya know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We have been praying for BJ this week!! I am sure he has nothing to worry about...he is pretty smart! Keep us posted! I love your blog!
Post a Comment