It's Friday, Sept 29, 1:04pm. BJ is asleep on the couch, and I just thought now would be a good time to update our blog! It has been a while since we've written, but not a whole lot has happened. August was a good month. I was able to go home and see family that I haven't seen for a few months. It was really good to see them all...parents, sisters, grandparents, and inlaws. BJ's side threw Baby Babe a baby shower while I was home, and that was alot of fun! Got some really nice gifts, and we've got a great start now for when the little one arrives. Which by the way is getting closer and closer...yikes! God definetly blessed us though with those gifts...none of those relatives had to get gifts, but they were kind enough to, and we thank the Lord for that. Thanks to all of them Baby Babe has some great things to look foward to:)
Every time we go home, I realize that things change. It's hard sometimes because we're sittin here hours away, and don't see those changes occur until we get home and wam bam things are different. Sometimes in good ways, and sometimes in not so good ways. The grandparents keep getting older, and that is hard to see...but it is a fact of life. I guess when I was little, and even still now...my grandparents were ALWAYS there...and so it's like I have it in the back of my mind or something that they will ALWAYS be around, which is definetly not the case. God has blessed them with good health and minds thus far, and hopefully when BJ and I are at that age, our health will be just as good. Other changes: Jenna is now married and in her own home with Josh, Whitney is about to graduate Beauty School and start working full time, Nicole is continually having changes out at her acerage, and planning a wedding....it's great to see those kinds of changes when I come home:) As all of us girls get older I keep praying that we'll be able to grow closer in our relationships and closer in relationships with mom and dad too. Also while I was home I was able to go on lots of walks with mom like I used to when I was living at home, and I also go to for motorcycle rides with dad and all 3 of us went to Okaboji and enjoyed the day up there. It was great to spend that time with them. Overall, it was a great visit home. I was able to see Bill and Rita and spend good time with them, there was a Baby shower for our little one, and I got to spend good time with my family and have conversations that needed to be had and quality time together that needed to be done also:)
So that was part of August. The rest of August has been busy with BJ doing his school work, and me doing hair on the side. BJ has been working extremely hard at this course. It's hard to explain to some people how intense it is. So here it is....he's at school from 7am-3pm...sometimes 4pm. Comes home, relaxes for about an hour, we get super ready, clean up, then he hits his homework for about another 2 hours or so. Then relaxes for about a 1/2hr, then we hit the hay. That goes on from Monday-Friday. Not to mention that he has evening class sometimes once or twice a week so he is there all day until 7:30pm. Which if that happens, sometimes by the time he gets home and eats, showers, and relaxes, then it's time for bed, so then he gets up at about 4:30 the next moring to do his homework for that day. SO...some nights he's not gettin the sleep he needs...so weekend naps are wonderful for the both of us:) It's a super intense course, and there's ALOT of pressure to do well. Your job depends on it. The past couple of weeks they have been preparing for the 'big test' at the end of the course, and I think he will do well. He does really well at the course and I pray the Lord will give him the strength and courage during those hours. I'm very VERY proud of my sailor...and proud of him for what he is trying to accomplish, and how ambitious he is. He is one of the most unselfish persons I know and I am blessed to have him as my husband. He has always put others before himself, and now that we'll have a family..he's always considering what will be best for our family. I am very blessed to have him. We're just making it a matter of prayer that everything will go well during these next couple of weeks.
Well..that's August for ya:) OH! Also it was BJ's birthday on the 27th! Since it was during the week and we had church that night we weren't able to celebrate much. So I think we might try to go out to eat this weekend or catch a movie to celebrate the big 28! I'll try post some pictures.
To put it in a nutshell..it's been a good month...stressful at times, but when doesn't that happen! God is good!
Until next time.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment